 Marketplace / Shopping / 10039
Re: Box-4-Blox(tm)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 16:25:50 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Kerry Raymond writes:

Personally I've never bothered with one. Partly because I don't find
sorting by
hand that big a deal. When I pull a model apart, I tend to put each piece as I
remove it into piles based on loose classification (i.e. a rough sort)
and then
I fine-sort each pile into their respective bins, bags, tubs for permanent
storage etc. Partly because my final storage system is based around type of
part primarily (brick, plate, slope, etc) with size of part a secondary
consideration.

Me too, I feel the same way you do, except for bulk bricks. Since I have
over 70 3033s worth of bulk, most of which is unsorted, (but still in the
individual bags) I can see where a first pass sort using these might save me
a fair bit of time, dump out all of one type of bag across all the bins,
feed a few at a time in, and things are at least partly sorted. Or maybe not.

I also have a lot of other sets where I have multiple copies and a first
pass may be helpful, I still have 50 siths to sort at the moment...

As you say, I've given it a go, and should have them in a week and we shall
see...

Thanks all!