 Marketplace / Shopping / *9139 (-20)
  Re: LEGO BOGO 50% off this week at Kmart

(...) Midwest for sure, as it's going on here in Ohio. Adrian (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Wal-Mart shopping frustration

I need to find the manager there who will bend the rules to make me happy, because Wal-Mart is not going to get tore up losing $10 on a clearance item. They wanted to get rid of it, that's why it was on clearance. I was doing them a favor by trying (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO BOGO 50% off this week at Kmart

(...) Jeremy Scott (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Wal-Mart shopping frustration

One of the superior ladies pointed out an incident with a recalled toaster that she sold. The set was taken off the shelves some time ago and finally reappeared. I don't think Lego would take the time now to repackage that set and ship it back to (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

"Scott E. Thomas" <bozeman1941@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GsIJHH.69F@lugnet.com... (...) [ .... snipped ... ] (...) go (...) to (...) In the Raleigh area all of Wal-Mart stores are no longer open 24 hours. Most are now open from 6 AM until (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Wal-Mart shopping frustration

(...) <snip> Unfortunately, my Wal-Mart doesn't have self scanning lanes and I usually go there at two in the morning where the staff has all the time in the world to make sure everything is done by the book. Scott Member 718 (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Wal-Mart shopping frustration

(...) <snip> (...) They had some Watto's Junkyards there for $20 and if I find the 6776 on the shelves again today when I go there, I'll pick up both of them and try this. Scott Member 718 (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Wal-Mart shopping frustration

In lugnet.market.shopping, Melody Brown writes: <snip> (...) <snip> All the 6776's dissappeared when the recall first came to light, but this one set somehow surfaced and I figured it was safe to buy it. Afterall, it was clearanced twice. Scott (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO BOGO 50% off this week at Kmart

(...) Alright: No my story, I went looking for this sale at one local store and I left empty handed. Is there anyone in AZ that knows if or where the are any stores with the sales? Please send the inof via e-mail so I am not at fault for extra (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO BOGO 50% off this week at Kmart

(...) could (...) it. (...) According to the weekly add at their website, the LEGO sale is regional. (URL) this sale wasn't listed when I checked for toy sales. It only showed up when I checked for LEGO sales. John (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO BOGO 50% off this week at Kmart

(...) I went to my local (Yakima, WA) Kmart last night for the BOGO @ 50% off sale (it was a newspaper insert and also posted at the store). They had some Jacks Stone, some a few racers and soccer sets, plus quite a few LOM mecha's. That's the nice (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO BOGO 50% off this week at Kmart

(...) Actually, it's buy one get one at 50% off. It's essentially a 25% discount if you buy two (or multiples of two) sets that are the same price. -c (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Wal-Mart shopping frustration

A point you have missed is that Wal-Mart problably paid over $30 for that set in the first place. If they sell it to you for $20 - $30 they will be losing money, however if they return it to TLC under a recall then they will get back the full (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Wal-Mart shopping frustration

(...) Been there, done that, had that happen to me also, at least 10 times so far, maybe a bakers dozen. Oh well. Ray (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO BOGO 50% off this week at Kmart

(...) It took me awhile to get this too. BOGO Buy One Get One - Free I am in illinois and it is going on here Tom (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO BOGO 50% off this week at Kmart

(...) I'm new to this, what does BOGO mean? Is it like a clearence and is it nation-wide??? I am in AZ. Jeremy S. (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: What's in your S@H Surpise Bag??

I added this to my order on a whim when I saw it on shop.lego.com. I actually ended up being pleasantly surprised. Mine had: 6453 - Com-Link Cruiser 6439 - Mini-Dumper 3914 - Luke Skywalker Key Chain 697 - Idea Book The idea book was a nice touch. I (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Wal-Mart shopping frustration

Scott, I had a similar thing happen to me, but the manager overrode the price and allowed me to buy it anyway. I know it's frustrating that all Walmarts don't follow the same policies, but sometimes it's to our advantage. Better luck next time! By (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Wal-Mart shopping frustration

While I can certainly understand your frustration, I'd think this is probably a safety mechanism and a good policy for them to have. Most items that are recalled are usually recalled for safety or quality issues. Imagine the backlash if a store were (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: LEGO BOGO 50% off this week at Kmart

(...) could (...) it. (...) Yes, at least here in Ohio it was in my newspaper, plus posted on the shelf at 2 KMarts I visited. As with Maggie's experience, however, I found that the shelves were mostly bare and what was left was mostly from last (...) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact