 Marketplace / Shipping / 569
  Is LEGO considered a 'collectable' for insurance claims ?

I am currently pursuing a claim for a LEGO set (a 7127) which was (somewhat) crushed during international shipping. This question was asked of me by the postmaster where I am attempting to file a claim. I was left with the impression that being a (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Is LEGO considered a 'collectable' for insurance claims ?

(...) If the answer to the second question is "it is worth more", then, in my view, the item in question is a collectible. If it is "no difference" then the item isn't. LEGO is not fungible this way. Some LEGO items ARE collectible... an Airport (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Is LEGO considered a 'collectable' for insurance claims ?

(...) Sounds reasonable to me. If it's a collectible, the packaging affects its value, based both on condition and rarity. If it's not a collectible, the packaging is just meant to contain and protect the product until you're ready to remove the (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Is LEGO considered a 'collectable' for insurance claims ?

(...) Which kinda goes back to my basic question... What makes one LEGO set 'collectable' and another not ? Is it age ? Is it appreciation above MSRP ? Is it availability ? Is it box condition ? Is it desireability ? Other than age, most of those (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Is LEGO considered a 'collectable' for insurance claims ?

(...) The only valid answer to that is "collectors". (...) It does make something of a difference, but Galidor figures came out around the same time, and I doubt any of them have appreciated in value above MSRP. (...) You've got cause and effect (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.market.appraisal)