 Marketplace / Shipping / 567
Re: Serious delay at US customs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2004 13:32:23 GMT

In lugnet.market.shipping, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote:
   In lugnet.market.shipping, Keith Hui wrote:
   Is there a serious delay at US customs?

I sold a set to a US buyer while ordering some huge sets from S@H. It had been 7 days since I got S@H’s email that it was shipped, and I still have not seen my stuff. While my US buyer are running out of patience waiting two weeks and counting for the set I sold him, and is now threatening negative feedback (that’s an ebay deal).

Both transactions cross the US border so it lead me to think there is a bad holdup there. Can anyone confirm this? Anyone experiencing similar delays here?

If there is really a delay there and it is not going to resolve soon, this option will sound more attractive every day.

Well, you haven’t told us what country you are located in. That might tell us something right there. I assume it’s Canada, given your pointer and the S@H bit.

Yes, I’m in Canada.

   Be aware that 7 days is not out of the ordinary, and that if you are shipping via ground the wait can be as long as two to three weeks. Even though it is a contiguous country, you must specify airmail to get airmail speed. Otherwise it is slooo-o-o-o-o-ow.

No, there is no backup at customs for mail coming through, and at any rate it could be Canadian customs just as surely as US. I have been shipping to the US in the last week from England and my packages have been making the journey in two to three days (!).

You mean they make it there in three days? I wouldn’t be surprised when it’s known that they are Super Best Friends... :)

   By the way, your buyer is being a seriously bad sport if he’s threatening negative feedback after a mere seven days. I think that’s a bit premature according to eBay’s terms, and it’s not like there’s anything you can do to speed it up. You did put some kind of tracking or confirmation on it, right?

Well, It has been two weeks since his package was shipped.

For comparison, a while ago I bought three 8386s off Bricklink. Came to me from Germany in ~2 weeks. US to Canada ought to be faster than that.

   all best

LFB

Thanks

Keith