 Marketplace / Shipping / 564
Re: Serious delay at US customs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2004 03:14:10 GMT

In lugnet.market.shipping, Keith Hui wrote:
   Is there a serious delay at US customs?

I sold a set to a US buyer while ordering some huge sets from S@H. It had been 7 days since I got S@H’s email that it was shipped, and I still have not seen my stuff. While my US buyer are running out of patience waiting two weeks and counting for the set I sold him, and is now threatening negative feedback (that’s an ebay deal).

Both transactions cross the US border so it lead me to think there is a bad holdup there. Can anyone confirm this? Anyone experiencing similar delays here?

If there is really a delay there and it is not going to resolve soon, this option will sound more attractive every day.

Keith

I haven’t heard of any delays/problems with US Customs, as I do international shipping/receiving at work. In fact, I got a $35,000 box from China (via Fedex) that was shipped on a Thursay and I got it on Monday, which considering time differences and stuff, was very quick.

The problem might be with the customs declaration. Shipments get stuck if the form(s) are done right. I’ve had shipments held up 2 or 3 days before they even figure out that it is a customs delay, then you need a day or two to get the box cleared.

When I order stuff from Canada on Bricklink it averages about 10-14 business days.

Ken