 Marketplace / Shipping / 565
Re: Serious delay at US customs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Fri, 28 May 2004 03:38:02 GMT

I ordered something from a guy in Germany.  More than six months after he
said he shipped it, I hadn't received it.  He decided to mail me another
one.

A while later, I received the first one he sent.  I figure I will receive
the second one sometime this summer.  I've agreed with him that I will pay
for the second as well since it's not his fault that the package was slow
getting here.

To pay more for FedEx, UPS, or DHL would have doubled my cost for the set!

Oh well.  Now I will have two of a very rare and popular set. :P

My advice, if at all possible, US people should order large sets from the US
and Canada only or be prepared to wait a LOOOONG time.  Also, seller should
pay extra for a delivery receipt so they know it was delivered.

Luckily I have friends in Europe.  If I need to buy anything else from
there, I will have it shipped to Luxembourg - then re-shipped from my friend
who I trust.