 Marketplace / Shipping / 506
Re: Priority Mail boxes (not likely to be of interest to non US readers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 13:30:30 GMT

In lugnet.market.shipping, Kevin Salm writes:

Funny thing about PM supplies--it seems that some/all of the little rural post
offices have a hard time getting certain box sizes.  So every few months my
local postmaster asks me to order a few cases of the #4 cube box since it is
not available to her.  Dunno who she is giving them out to, but it would be
nice if they would order their own.  It would save me from returning cases to
the post office that my letter carrier has just delivered.

That's weird! I do the same thing, I take in extras of the sizes I know they
can't order either (one of the flat boxes they can get and one they can't).
I don't mind that much as it keeps my relationship with the local PO in good
shape. They cut me slack in little ways all the time.