 Marketplace / Shipping / 500
Re: Priority Mail boxes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 16:42:25 GMT

Ray,

Try this link:
http://supplies.usps.gov/ListProduct.asp

I believe they have everything except the small cube available there.  You
order in case quantitis, usually 25 pieces, and they are delivered to your
door by the post office.

This is where I get all of my priority mail materials.

Troy

"Ray Sanders" <rsanders@svic.net> wrote in message
news:GvADBI.3En@lugnet.com...
As the USPS Priority Mail rates will be increasing at the end of June, • thought I
would share some information that I have gathered..

USPS has a wide variety of box sizes available for Priority Mail shippers. • The
downside is that most of them are only available on special order in • ordering
multiples of one palette, with a shipment minimum (mixed sizes) of 11 • palettes.
This is because the shipment is delivered by motor freight. Several local
shippers have gotten together and made a minimum order. Interesting sizes • that
we will be getting are...

#12 - 5 x 5 x 5.25 cube. Weighs only 3-ozs, so this will very nice for • getting
under the 1 pound rate with medium to small parts orders.

#4 - 7 x 7 x 6 cube. Wt 4.6 ozs

#14 - 8 x 14 x 4.25. Wt 6 ozs. Nice size for medium to large parts orders • or for
sets like Naboo Fighter or Snowspeeder.

Talk to your local postmaster. He will probably refer you to the nearest
business unit, who handles these types of orders. Locate other PM shippers • in
the area to form a consolidated order for boxes. As is happening here, the • local
postmaster is handling the sharing of part of this order with other local
facilities. Ship well.

Ray