 Marketplace / Shipping / 471
Re: US Postal rates to increase this July
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 21:27:23 GMT

In lugnet.market.shipping, Ray Sanders writes:
In lugnet.market.shipping, Ray Sanders writes:
http://www.prc.gov/ratecase/ratecase.html

I just found this chart, which gives a better picture of what is about to • happen
to priority mail. Currently all USPS Priority Mail up to 5 pounds is • flat-rated
regardless of distance. If the new proposed changes are enacted as requested,
then only 1-lb priority mail will be flat-rate. Everything over 1-lb will be
zone-rated. Shipments to zone-8 will increase by 50%-90%. Sellers offering • flat-
rate shipping beware.

http://www.prc.gov/news/2002/R2001-1/R2001-1-23.htm

Ray

I do all my own postage calculation at home with an electronic scale and the
USPS website.  This will surely complicate things for me significantly.

Also, my local post office has ZERO automation.  These new rates will make
sending packages through them even more aggravating.  This means that small
post offices without automation will be even further disadvantaged and their
revenue will likely drop.  Less revenue means they may be shut down due to
non-efficiency.

__Kevin Salm__