 Marketplace / Shipping / 347
    Bad experience with Customs —Alan Demlow
   Hi. Yesterday I received my MISB 7824 from Holland, only to find that the shipping container had (apparently) been opened by Customs, although there's no marking on the box indicating this is the case. When I opened everything up, it appeared that (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.shipping)

        Re: Bad experience with Customs —Eric Lanteigne
   (...) Hi, Having done dozens of transactions abroad, I've had a few cases where customs were involved. However, nothing has ever been destroyed and you should actually seek compensation from them for that. There is some steps that can be taken to (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.shipping)

        Re: Bad experience with Customs —James Brown
     (...) Time for me to chime in with the standard "Sorry, that's called mail fraud" line. If you choose to mark things as a gift that aren't so, odds are you'll get away with it, and 99.9% of the time, Customs won't even know or care, but that doesn't (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.shipping)

        Re: Bad experience with Customs —Alan Demlow
   (...) No steps need to be taken to avoid duty on Lego entering the US--it isn't dutiable. And I in general agree with James concerning the ethicality of doing everything possible to get around paying import duties. As for avoiding having the box (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.shipping)