 Marketplace / Shipping / *42 (-10)
  Re: Seeking the Ultimate Truths on International Shipping

Simon Robinson wrote in message ... (...) I think the return address is more important than packaging. (...) No :-) (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Seeking the Ultimate Truths on International Shipping

(...) Is that a potential problem if you actually put stuff in a proper cardboard box, rather than just wrapping it in brown paper - as a cardboard box is more likely to look like it was from a company? And by the way, does anyone have any qualms (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Seeking the Ultimate Truths on International Shipping

Small Packets are generally limited to less than 2Kg. It is usually cheaper to send larger lots as separate 'small packets' each less than 2Kg. From the UK, above about 500g, the charge per 100g is linear. As for customs fees, mark it as a gift, and (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Packaging

(...) (all part of the service! I'm factoring for Simon and have cleared Anne's check already, IIRC) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Packaging

It's true, your buyer does appreciate it. *grin* I've gotten boxes from Canada before and the styrofoam peanuts are a wonderful thing. I've also received a box wrapped in brown paper, and while the box did get a bit munched, the lego boxes (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Packaging

(...) Plastic bag for sure, and styrofoam peanuts instead of newspaper. They compress less so you can cram a bunch in and rigidise the packing, and they weigh less too. Go to a concern that gets stuff sent in and you no doubt can get some for free. (...) (26 years ago, 12-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Packaging

Anyone got any general tips on packaging? I'm just about to send off an 8480 space shuttle. I'd like to put it in an extra cardboard box to make sure it's safe, though so far I've completely failed to scrounge any such boxes off work :( Assuming I (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Seeking the Ultimate Truths on International Shipping

(...) Dream on ;=( (...) Tell them it's a "gift". That (usually, but not always) works. (...) You probably won't be met by officials. You might not get the package till you pay a certain fee, though. Of course, the few times I've had to pay customs (...) (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping to Canada

(...) Good. *chuckle* Jasper (26 years ago, 11-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Not happy with delivery US to UK

(...) Yep - you're right - it's got a postage thingy on the box. Thanks, Paul! That's wierd. I've had things delivered by post before and the UK post office have always left a note telling me to pick things up at the depot if I've been out before. (...) (26 years ago, 10-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact