 Marketplace / Shipping / 37
Re: Packaging
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 00:48:08 GMT

Simon Robinson wrote:

Assuming I do get it in an extra box, what are the best ways people have
found to keep Lego boxes safe and undamaged in bigger boxes?

And if I don't are there any good ways to wrap it up that protect the
Lego box from getting squelched en route? I'm guessing lots of newspaper
all wrapped in brown paper. Plus putting the lego box in a plastic bag to
stop any newsprint getting on it. Any better suggestions?

Plastic bag for sure, and styrofoam peanuts instead of newspaper. They
compress less so you can cram a bunch in and rigidise the packing, and
they weigh less too.

Go to a concern that gets stuff sent in and you no doubt can get some
for free. If your package gets wet, the newspaper will turn to sog. The
peanuts will not. (don't use the cellulose biodegradables, use real
styro.)

I save all my incoming peanuts and use them over. So people that receive
stuff from me could be getting peanuts from as many as 2 dozen different
maniacs from around the world at this point.

Thanks for asking about shipping, your buyer will appreciate it!

Stop the FDIC from spying on us! Go to
http://www.defendyourprivacy.com and sign the petition.
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.