 Marketplace / Shipping / *27 (-10)
  Not happy with delivery US to UK

I've just received my first order from the States (to the UK) - the Dacta community vehicles from Kaplanco. I'm not happy with how it was delivered. I just discovered the box on Saturday, left out in the rain, by the front door and wedged in amongst (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping to Canada

James Brown wrote in message ... (...) at (...) on (...) (after (...) 1 (...) was (...) only (...) I'm just guessing, but I think that once they opened the first one and they hit paydirt, your name and address was put on their shit list and you're (...) (26 years ago, 8-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping to Canada

(...) Er, why, uh, the truth, of course ;-) JSA (26 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping to Canada

(...) Just curious, what do you put on the green tag? I always put gift. Julie (26 years ago, 7-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping to Canada

(...) [snip] I have sent a dozen or more parcels of LEGO and games to Canada with no nasty Customs stories that I know of. Sounds like you have a legitimate gripe, 'though much good that does you when dealing with the gummint. I have sent to (...) (26 years ago, 6-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping to Canada

Being from Canada, I can say that I have a hard time selling Lego to people in the US. My first sale, a Lego Mindstorms RIS went across the boarder (during Christmas). I put 'gift' on the pkg and it was insured. The person receiving the package did (...) (26 years ago, 6-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Shipping to Canada

Ok, I'm not sure if this is a rant, or a peeve, or a legitimate gripe. ;-) Of the last 5 packages I've received from the US, all of them were stopped at customs, one of them was opened, and I was charged a handling fee, and GST on all of them, and (...) (26 years ago, 6-Mar-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Paying in foreign currency

(...) I can't believe it - I just tried to find out about these. The post office in the UK said it had stopped doing them and to try the banks. My bank - well to be honest, I'm not sure they knew IMOs were. They said I could do a direct telegraphic (...) (26 years ago, 24-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.shipping, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Shipping from the UK

(...) I think you may contact Ian Bishop at ian@goodlife.demon.com.uk He searched several pssibilities to send my 6560, which having also a weight of 2.5 kg approx. (...) Till this monday, I had no problems with customs, all my packages came to me (...) (26 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Shipping from the UK

(...) Someone's having a joke here... :) (...) OK - cheers, Chris - I've found the calculator. Unfortunately, it seems I'm stuck with Parcel Force as the calculator told me the maximum airmail weight for small parcels is 2kg - and the 8480 space (...) (26 years ago, 18-Feb-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact