 Marketplace / Shipping / 22
Re: Shipping to Canada
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 20:46:36 GMT

Being from Canada, I can say that I have a hard time selling Lego to people in
the US.  My first sale, a Lego Mindstorms RIS went across the boarder (during
Christmas).  I put 'gift' on the pkg and it was insured.  The person receiving
the package did not get charged anything extra.  I believe that this was due
to Christmas shipping as customs must be busier.  I guess they are not making
enough money and need to find ways to do so....   No really, I think it
sucks!  I do not claim to be the info source on free trade, but the way it
sounds, they are not making the cross boarder thing very easy...  I guess they
don't wany all of you buying up here in Canada - I suppose it is a lot cheaper
here with your exchange and all.  As an example,  I picked up a Barcode Truck
for $100 Cdn last week.  That is only $70 US...  Not bad...

Dave out.

Of the last 5 packages I've received from the US, all of them were stopped at
customs, one of them was opened, and I was charged a handling fee, and GST on
all of them, and the whole process made each of them take (avg) 2 weeks
(between 9 and 13 business days) from post date until I can pick them up • (after
noon the day after I receive notice of a package waiting)