 Marketplace / Services / 68
Re: PayPal "Refer-A-Friend Bonus" questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 04:19:10 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

No need to test, Andreas is right - the credit in your acct does NOT show the
name, but if you choose to receive the notification emails, their name IS in
there.

No need to use the link either, just have the person's account to enter in the
referral box.

Todd, LMK your account, so I can finally pay for a membership - I've basically
been waiting for you to take X or PayPal.

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.market.services, Andreas Stabno writes:
I believe the bonus does not show the name in your PayPal account history,
but you do receive an email confirming who signed up to credit the bonus.

Someone else check me on this, but I'm pretty sure you can simply type in
the referral email address without using the link.  Actually, I'm sure that
this works, as some people have signed up through me even though I never
sent them the official link.

ahhh, splendid!

If there's anyone who wants to help test this out via a LUGNET referral, PLMK
and I'll email you the info to type in and where to start.

I'm quite impressed with PayPal's sign-up system (less so with X.com's, but
they're merging, so in the end it won't matter much one way or the other :-).

It tooks me about a half hour to read through everything at PayPal carefully
and sign up.

--Todd

--
Tom Stangl