 Marketplace / Services / 66
Re: PayPal "Refer-A-Friend Bonus" questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 19:42:31 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.market.services, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.market.services, Andreas Stabno writes:
I believe the bonus does not show the name in your PayPal account history,
but you do receive an email confirming who signed up to credit the bonus.

Some Snippage of both Todd's and my message

I'm quite impressed with PayPal's sign-up system (less so with X.com's, but
they're merging, so in the end it won't matter much one way or the other :-).

It tooks me about a half hour to read through everything at PayPal carefully
and sign up.

--Todd

I just discovered that you can select entries in PayPal's history view by
type.  For example, if you select 'referral', the system will even show the
names of all completed referrals as well as pending transactions.  Very nice!

As an aside, PayPal might serve as a solution to the inevitable NLSO "You
spent how much on Lego???" conflict.  For those of us who fund our hobby by
raising money from sales and auctions, PayPal money can act as seed money for
future purchases, thus nicely separating real money and plastic money[1].  I
find it important to be honest in communicating how much I spend, but it is
much easier to say, "It's only Play money, honey."

P(l)ay well,

Andreas Stabno
http://www.megsinet.net/~stabno/SimiLego.htm