 Marketplace / Services / 502
Re: eBay buys PayPal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 16:42:16 GMT

"Amy Hughes" <lugnews@public.atreides.org> wrote in message
news:GyzFsF.12G@lugnet.com...
Their typical scheme works like this...

First, you notice that you are unable to transfer funds *from* your • account,
though your customers are able to transfer funds *to* your account. You • notice
not because paypal tells you there's a problem but because someone you • tried to
pay tells you (and in my case the seller was instructed *not* to tell me • there
was a problem). When you inquire, they tell you your account is locked • while
they investigate fraud. They tell you you've had too many charge-backs. So • you
contact your customers and ask them if everything's alright with their • order,
and they tell you everything's fine - yes, they received it, no, they • didn't
make a charge-back, and no, they didn't get their money back from paypal.

I can back Amy up on this as I was the seller involved in this transaction.
Paypal did instruct me to lie to her and tell her everything was fine with
the order.  Which I didn't do because I had dealt with Amy before and she
has always been trustworthy.  If I remember correctly, this never did get
worked out through paypal, I believe a check was sent without incident.

Troy