 Marketplace / Services / 498
Re: eBay buys PayPal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 01:44:35 GMT

Oh boy.

I work for one of the banks that did the IPO. I'm not supposed to voice my
true feelings about this whole thing.

The numbers though: eBay just paid 24 times sales for a money-losing company.

In other news, Warren Buffett got his first piece of the Internet when he
bought into a money-losing fiber optic network. Anyone want to handicap the
odds that one deal was smarter than the other?

-Erik