 Marketplace / Services / 133
Re: LEGO sellers with high reccomendations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 06:31:12 GMT

In lugnet.market.services, Frank Filz writes:
There has been some discussion on listing sellers who have been good (and
bad), and especially indicating those who sell smoke free LEGO and those who
have a noticeably non-smoke free environment. In that vein, here is a list
of sellers (primarily eBay) who I have dealt with on a regular basis and
would not hesitate to recommend (note that I am choosing NOT to list anyone
I would not recommend - though if asked about my experiences with a specific
seller, I will generally respond, I should also note that I have been
stiffed exactly ONCE during a VERY busy year of LEGO purchasing on eBay and
via RTL and Lugnet). So here we go (note that many eBay sellers are listed
by the ID they used in the sales I was involved in, they are also in no
particular order - actually, they will for the most part be in the order
they appear in my LEGO trades notes, sellers marked with a ** sellers whom I
have never had a problem with smokey LEGO from what I can recall):

[...]

eBay ID afabbri@gw.lssu.edu

I'd like to comment on three auctions going on at this time by this seller.
Someone brought these to my attention as possible deceptive auctions, I had my
suspicions, and passed it on to two other people for opinions.  All who
confirmed what I thought.  The three auctions are:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=363704828
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=363705388
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=363705895

As you can see, he advertises fabricated pirate minifigs as 'rare Pirate
Women.'  Which I feel is deceptive.  To the casual collector it might appear
as these were stock Lego, that's the implication I get from seeing the page.
No place does he say he created these minifigs, but in fact the heads were
brought in from other themes.  The torsos may be pirate, and yes one torso is
extremely rare, but that doesn't negate the fact that this is being deceptive
in the way it is marketed.

I just feel that something should be said about the way these items are being
sold.

XFUT lugnet.market.services, lugnet.market.auction

-Tim