 Marketplace / Services / 105
104  |  106
Subject:
LEGO sellers with high reccomendations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.services
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 02:37:19 GMT

There has been some discussion on listing sellers who have been good (and
bad), and especially indicating those who sell smoke free LEGO and those who
have a noticeably non-smoke free environment. In that vein, here is a list
of sellers (primarily eBay) who I have dealt with on a regular basis and
would not hesitate to recommend (note that I am choosing NOT to list anyone
I would not recommend - though if asked about my experiences with a specific
seller, I will generally respond, I should also note that I have been
stiffed exactly ONCE during a VERY busy year of LEGO purchasing on eBay and
via RTL and Lugnet). So here we go (note that many eBay sellers are listed
by the ID they used in the sales I was involved in, they are also in no
particular order - actually, they will for the most part be in the order
they appear in my LEGO trades notes, sellers marked with a ** sellers whom I
have never had a problem with smokey LEGO from what I can recall):

** Todd Lehman, AucZILLA ( http://www.auczilla.com ), parts auction,
occaisional sets (note description of auction process, don't bid if you want
parts tomorrow)

** Glen Tannenbaum, discount Dacta sales
http://www.geocities.com/RodeoDrive/Mall/1994/ )

** Mario Ferrari, new sets and parts from Italy

** Giullio Ferrari, eBay ID gfhammer

Cartes et Hobby Vanier, eBay ID leolo, Canada (good deals, but many sets
have been a bit grungy, somewhat slow delivery but that is to be expected
from Canada, takes domestic money orders)

** Derrick Bulkley, Serious Collector (appears to be dormant)

** Michael Huffman

** Martin Legault, shares Canadian sales (not so necessary now that Canada
doesn't have it's own S@H)

Kim Ennis, eBay ID lvly

** Lindsay F. Braun, shares clearance finds

Michael Tanner, eBay ID mikebbc@earthlink.net (takes Visa over the phone)

** Julie Krenz, eBay ID dkrenz@mc.net

eBay ID blanconian (sister is petramon)

** Kevin Wilson, eBay ID kevinw1 (Canadian)

eBay ID aduck@mindspring.com

eBay ID afabbri@gw.lssu.edu

eBay ID bmcglone

eBay ID petgametoymac

eBay ID locomonkey

eBay ID irockze

** Michael Ulring, eBay ID kagemusha1

** Troy Cefaratti, eBay ID mnementh2

eBay ID onentofl@yahoo.com

eBay ID petramon (sister is blanconian)

** Scott Arthur, eBay ID the-doctor (UK)

eBay ID scottsaucs@aol.com

eBay ID susan45301@aol.com (this sellers items absolutely REEK of smoke, you
will be able to
smell the packaging from 50 feet, otherwise an excellent seller)

eBay ID uncledan@earthlink.net

Mathew Brown, MA series of auctions

James Brown, parts auctions

Thomas Schlosser, set auctions (Germany)

** Nico Hoogerbrug, Shell promotional sets (the Netherlands)

** Terry Cruse, by web page and eBay ID erector@triadntr.net

eBay ID ibuyifdpriceisright (Canada)

** Jodi Neal, tarlun

** Jason Briscoe, eBay ID jakey(uk) (UK)

** Larry Pieniazek, factoring service

I'm sure I'm missing some folks, and there's probably a misteak or two
above.

The sellers I would rate as among the absolute best from the above (all of
these have given me service I have especially appreciated - I'm sure I'm
missing one or two people who should be on this list):

blanconian
petramon
Scott Arthur
Jason Briscoe
Nico Hoogerbrug
Thomas Schlosser
Mario Ferrari
Larry Pieniazek
Martin Legault
uncledan@earthlink.net

The services these folks have offered have been in many cases excellent
international service. Many are always happy to consolidate purchases over
several days or weeks of auctions to reduce shipping. Some have paid special
attention to me, including hunting up small boxes to ship light items in a
box for less than the $3.20 minimum Priority Mail rate. Several have allowed
me to carry balances for long periods of time as we equalize international
dealings. All of them who regularly sell on eBay or through Lugnet offer
quality product. Some of these sellers have tossed in extra goodies (the top
prize here goes to Nico for a copy of "The Gate of the Present", plus a
BUNCH of other promotional stuff). All of the eBay only sellers have a
shortcut to their eBay listings on my private home page.

Note that susan45301@aol.com would be in this best of listing if her items
did not absolutely reek of smoke, otherwise, she deserves many of the
accolades just mentioned.

Frank