 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 914
  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

I don't think we QUITE came to closure, although I see Eric is going to send it to Chris next. Jeremy, ARE you willing to loan yours out, or jot down some of the key info points and send them to Eric before he sends the french copy to Chris? (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

Larry- I could make copies, however I'm a little hesitant due to copyrights restrictions. Maybe I could type out requested translations. What is your POV? LMK. -j (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

I'm not keen on copies either for the same reason. My POV? I guess I'd want to know significant things about the models. Who are the firms, what were they trying to achieve. Not word for word, mind you, but enough to give a reader some sense of the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

(...) I would love to get in on this, unfortunately I haven't received a J-box yet, (and frankly don't know if I will). Is there any other consideration that could be used to get in on this book? Rob +---...---+ | Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com | | (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

The french one? my whim. You're good, though. The english one? Jeremy's call, not mine, assuming we can convince him. If we can convince him, I vote to kill circulation of mine and I'll queue up like the next guy for his. (24 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

I'd jump on that idea in a sec! Christopher Weeks wrote: (24 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

(...) What would it take to get the English one in circular loan? I'll transfer $40 from my x.com account into Jeremy's as a deposit. When I send the book on, the person I send it to could transfer $40 from theirs into mine. Etcetera. When the book (...) (24 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

How about it, Jeremy? Would that (sending you some money as a surety deposit for safe return) do the trick? Eric is done with the French one and wants to know if he should hold for a while pending resolution, send it on to Chris, or back to me... (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

Jeremy (or anyone else who has a copy of the English version of "The Gate of the Present") Could you please post what the ISBN and publisher are/were for the English version? Thanks, /Eric McCarthy/ (24 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

(...) This is a cool idea, and I'd love to get in on it, but x.com just isn't an option for those of us not in the US. I'd be willing to do a surety deposit some other way, and failing that, I'd still be interested in the French version. James (URL) (...) (24 years ago, 17-Apr-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

(...) I've had this for ever (Sorry Larry) and just pledged to myself for about the third time to take care of it. It's not clear from this thread what I'm supposed to do with it when I'm done. Larry? Chris (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

(...) I am dipped if I know. Reviewing the thread, my take was that there was not a clear desire from too many folks to see this (or not a strong enough desire to be willing to pay the onward postage, anyway, which is fair enough). So I would ask (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

(...) I would like to see it. I'll send my snail to Chris sometime when it's not 4 in the morning, and I don't have a bright-eyed, supposed to be asleep baby. James (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

[sniped everything] I'remember I've seen those gates, on a exposition touring through Europe, and they did the Netherlands also. Five of these gates are also pictured in the "Ultimate Lego Book", in my Dutch edition the're on page 116 and 117 . I (...) (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

(...) Great. I'll look for your address either in my files or email, and send it out to you. Chris (24 years ago, 28-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

I'm still interested in seeing it.... Paul Sinasohn (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)