 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 227
226  |  228
Subject:
Canadians? (was: Re: can of worms opening....)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 16:28:21 GMT

Hi all (Canadians especially),

So I'm the tenth recipient of my own Jambalaya and I'm thinking that
when I get it back, I'll send it to Canada.

What I would like:

Each Canadian follows the rules of the box as anyone else would, but
also drops a Looney into an envelope.  The last Canadian who will be
sending it back to me will spend whatever amount each of you spends to
get it to one another from his own pocket and then takes the difference
out of the envelope.  Assuming that there is money left I will keep it
as payback for the initial investment of getting it into your country.

Does this sound fair?

If you want to be one of the Canadian participants, reply to this note
and I'll put you in queue.

For me to send the box to another US address costs the same (Priority
Mail) regardless of distance.  Is it the same for y'all or should I make
a point of routing it across the continent linearly to save you all postage?

dkrenz wrote:

....and I hate to do it....maybe I'm in the minority....here it goes...
Shipping a 3 pound box within the US costs $4.30...shipping that same
box
to Canada costs $7.44. . It seems kinda unfair to me that someone would
be stuck having to pay the extra $3.14 to mail to Canada.
( I don't know what it would cost to ship Canada to US, but I'm guessing
someone in Canada would also be stuck paying extra postage to send the
box back to the US.) That just doesn't sit right with me, probably
because
I'm cheap. Basically receiving a box is a crap shoot...maybe you'll get
something to make you happy, maybe not. I'll sign up for one box, and
see how it
goes.
Julie

--