 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 130
Re: can of worms opening....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 02:49:36 GMT

This is something I hadn't thought of...

I think it would be okay to throw some stamps in the box for whoever needs
them...

Personally, I am okay with whatever goes down with the boxes.  A few bucks
for postage is not going to phase me in the least.  It will be worth it just
to open the box to see what is in there!  :)

I will commit to throwing some postage in the first Technic box as well as
my spare Technic (of course) and I am planning on doing a nice roster list
for the box as well.

I sincerely hope that the spirit of the boxes remains alive!

To me, this isn't just about LEGO, this is about people.  This is about
people coming together to help one another.  This is about people coming
together to help each other out with LEGO!  er, um, okay, maybe it is about
LEGO :)

Good luck to everyone who participates and remember:

Build On!

John

Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote in message news:3797C28E.FBC0F77@io.com...
dkrenz wrote:
....and I hate to do it....maybe I'm in the minority....here it goes...
Shipping a 3 pound box within the US costs $4.30...shipping that same
box
to Canada costs $7.44. . It seems kinda unfair to me that someone would
be stuck having to pay the extra $3.14 to mail to Canada.

I've been thinking about this -- Lego pieces are not the only thing being
given around (1).  Is there any way for someone to "stuff" the postage on • a
package like this for the next few people, without resorting to dropping
actual currency into the box?

Cheers,
- jsproat

1.  One might argue that if someone puts a lesser value of Lego back into
the box (2), it might be made up for by paying the postage for the next • few
turns in advance.

2.  I'm not actually planning on stiffing anyone on Lego parts; I just
thought it'd be cool to be able to stuff the postage.

--
Jeremy H. Sproat <jsproat@io.com>
http://www.io.com/~jsproat