 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 1298
Re: Why you should always mark JAMBALAYA on the outside
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.jambalaya
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 05:21:39 GMT

In lugnet.market.jambalaya, Doug Finney writes:
I see in a mail to my voyager account from some time back (which
is why it's
bad to mail there, mercator gets you a much speedier answer) that
I apparently
have the Drab box.

Sounds like it's also a case of why the return address on your lugnet
posts should be the one you actually check regularly. :-)

Touche. But with the LUGNET spammers on the loose, you know... Anyway I am in
the process of trying to fix that. The way cookies work here isn't the best. To
effect the change will require human review even though I am signed in. But
once the new configuration has been reviewed by His Toodness Himself, I will
apply it to many of the machines I use.

or if you like, I can blame the fact that I now use the web interface and thus
no longer have an automatic sig. Another thing a cookie would be good for.

Can whoever mailed it to me give a more precise description like
what color box
it is, how big, does it have any markings on the outside?

That would be me. I wrote to your "bad" account on 5/1 requesting a
mailing address and I think it was close to a week before I heard
back from you.

From  my good account, no doubt with the usual "don't send stuff to my spam
accoutn" disclaimer, I suspect.

Mailed it not long after so it should have been
postmarked approximately 3 weeks ago.

IIRC, it was relatively flat for a Jambalaya box, maybe 20x14x5?
Regular brown cardboard and probably a hand-written Priority Mail
address sticker. I don't recall any other distinguishing marks.

Just looked again. No joy. There's a pony in there somewhere, though.

+Lar