 Marketplace / Jambalaya / 124
  can of worms opening....

....and I hate to do it....maybe I'm in the minority....here it goes... Shipping a 3 pound box within the US costs $4.30...shipping that same box to Canada costs $7.44. . It seems kinda unfair to me that someone would be stuck having to pay the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: can of worms opening....

(...) I've been thinking about this -- Lego pieces are not the only thing being given around (1). Is there any way for someone to "stuff" the postage on a package like this for the next few people, without resorting to dropping actual currency into (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: can of worms opening....

This is something I hadn't thought of... I think it would be okay to throw some stamps in the box for whoever needs them... Personally, I am okay with whatever goes down with the boxes. A few bucks for postage is not going to phase me in the least. (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: can of worms opening....

I'm sorry, but being the person who has the canada request after me I feel the same way about extra postage. I am not pleased with having to pay more than others. I thought that there was going to be a separate "keep it in canada for a while" route (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: can of worms opening....

I DO hear you. I agree that it would be nice if it churned in canada for a while Unfortunately our methodology for picking ordering doesn't allow it unless we allow reordering. Should we? How about Canadians post as normal but get bumped down the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: can of worms opening....

I kind of agree with this, though if there are some that are willing to send to canada, I think maybe we should try those first. I mailed John D. asking if he'd mind sending a package to Canada in return he'd be bumped up the list in front of Martin (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: can of worms opening....

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <3798604C.2DA07A5E@v...er.net>... [... snipped ...] (...) [... snipped ...] I am indeed going back to Europe in August. Current plans are to leave on Saturday, August 21st, connecting at London-Gatwick on August (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: can of worms opening....

Hi, I'm ready to pay back the extra cost to the sender of the box in Canada, then make an canadian tour from east to west before it goes back to US, so there will be less extra shipping then back and forth. I didn't check yet where I am in the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Canadians? (was: Re: can of worms opening....)

Hi all (Canadians especially), So I'm the tenth recipient of my own Jambalaya and I'm thinking that when I get it back, I'll send it to Canada. What I would like: Each Canadian follows the rules of the box as anyone else would, but also drops a (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  (canceled)