 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 9045
Re: FS/FA ** 398 USS Con....... - NOT THAT RARE !!! **
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 17 Nov 2000 21:42:14 GMT

Those aren't special pieces for the strings - they look like 2x3 round-end plates.

"Jennifer L. Boger" wrote:

I believe it's also got the old style 1 x 1 rounds with Solid tops?  and
some clear plates?  and umm... i think it has some special pieces in the
masts that have holes that allow the strings to pass through.

Here's the plates:
http://www.peeron.com/pics/BrickFest00/thumbnails/ussb7.jpg.html
here's the 1 x 1 rounds:
http://www.peeron.com/pics/BrickFest00/thumbnails/ussb9.jpg.html
here's the whole ship, but you can't really see the special pieces that
allow the strings to pass through:
http://www.peeron.com/pics/BrickFest00/thumbnails/ussb3.jpg.html

ps: this isn't the one for sale, it's picture's of Thomas Main's from
Brickfest 2000.

James Brown wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Paul Sinasohn writes:
Sorry, Derrick....gotta disagree with you.

The one that I know of on eBay went for over $900.

Mine cost more than $700 in value of stuff.

$500 is a good price, and if I didn't already have one, I would go for this in
a heartbeat.

???  I'd have to say I'm in the same camp as Derick on this one.  Sure, it's
a cool looking boat, but excepting the 1x1 windows, it doesn't look to me
like there's any rare pieces on it.  I could make it from parts in my
collection (again, except the windows).

Maybe I'm missing something, but this sure doesn't look like $500 worth of
Lego to me.

James