 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 6320
Re: Trading at Brickfest - Start of Thread and My possible trades/sells (and Want: 8460)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 02:46:50 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Frank Filz writes:

I'll probably also put together a box of parts (including parts from
5978 and 6444). I also plan on bringing Jambalaya Junk Box #3 (which is going
to include 2 useable but less than perfect grey road plates and a variety of
other stuff that I've been collecting) and the distressed bricks and plates
that I culled from JB#1.

I'm bringing a beefed up version of the Weeks Jambalaya.  I'm not sure what • all
will be in that, but I think quite a variety.  (Then, I'll cull down to a good
box and then get it going around (only six months late!) in the mail.)  I • don't
keep a huge stock of sets like some of you do.  I (probably like everyone • else)
have a huge stock of the SW sets that my local Ames had before I arrived.

Does anyone have a feel for how the presence of a Jambalaya should be handled?
Should I schedule people to visit with it?  Should I leave it out for more
dynamic throughput?  Would it be appropriate to watch how people do their
trading (I'm facinated by how people make those kinds of decisions)?

Hmm, interesting questions. I'd be inclined to leave it fairly accessible, but
it would also be a good idea to keep a bit of an eye on it. I wouldn't feel at
all bad about watching people make their trades (if you're uncomfortable with
being watched, ask yourself why? Is it because you know you're making an
unreasonable trade? If it's because you're unsure if your trade is fair, just
ask).

I'll be pretty free with the junk box. This is stuff which is being saved from
the trash can after all... If the junk box grows too much I may ask for some
of the donors to contribute to shipping the resulting 2 or more junk boxes. If
someone is seriously interested in distressed bricks (broken, badly dinged or
discolored), let us know and we can take up a collection.

Frank