 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 2625
Re: The Nugator Company Update - LEGO piece and set sales
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 1999 19:14:59 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Jason M. Normand writes:
Finally The Nugator Company also has a design division.  It’s a small web site
and graphic design firm that offers simple pages at low costs
(www.nugator.com/design).

Low costs is right! The going rate for graphic design is something like
$80-$150 an hour... a friend of mine doing free-lance graphics charged $40 an
hour... But maybe you're offering different kinds of graphics? Most
"professional" graphics companies use complex graphics and 3D rendering sofware
like Adobe Photoshop, 3D Studio Max, etc. (expensive software, too!... 3D
studio max actually was released with a hardware key you needed to run the
program, to help prevent software pirating) A good idea might be to show
examples of pictures you've done already... sort of an art gallery so that
people have a general idea of what you mean. It sounds like you don't mean
3D-Rendered, Ray-Traced images, etc., just basic icons, simple pictures, etc.
But if you DO mean that you do the advanced stuff, feel free to charge more!

laterz,
DaveE