 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 1932
Re: Airport Shuttle 6399 for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:56:14 GMT

Tom McDonald wrote in message ...
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, John Neal writes:

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, John Neal writes:
Is $600 too high a price for a MIB 6399?  I have a friend off-line who
is willing to sell.  Email me.

at that price to find out whether it's mint-in-box with mint-box, or • just
mint-in-box.

Oh, I did not know there was this kind of distinction.  It's sealed,
new, as
if you could buy it off the shelf today.  It is in the highest state of
newness-- what would, technically speaking, this be called?

I think MISB - Mint In Sealed Box. Is there anything that's more accurately
descriptive?

-Tom McD.
when replying, don't go vacationing on SpamLake, where it's said that • spamcake
first crawled out onto land eons ago.

   I agree that MISB is the most accurate term.  However, I have had many
auctions on eBay using that term where people emailed me asking what it
meant, or after they had received the sets emailed me saying they could not
believe the set was brand new!  So, I think it is for the best to not use
abbreviations, but to make an accurate and complete description of the set
instead.  Just type out a sentence, its not too hard!
--
   Have fun!
   John