 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 2020
Re: Airport Shuttle 6399 for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 19:40:21 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Todd Lehman writes:

Lorbaat wrote:

If the box is really worth THAT much of the cost, it's probably a good idea • to
go over the box with a fine toothed... err, magnifying glass and enumerate • any
and all scratchesm creases, tears, rips, etc for location and size.  You • don't
want to ask that much for it and then have someone get upset because they
thought it was *totally* mint (which is what you're implying) when in fact
there's shelf/storage wear.

Yeah!  :)  Ask for a scanning electron micrograph (or whatever they're
called) for the front and back panels.

Well, *that* might be going a little far... I was just saying that at high
costs, things that are in valuable boxes can lose a lot of money for what seem
like ridiculously small defects- and people will be quick to cry foul over the
smallest little defect.

Now, personally, I don't subscribe to this.  Every toy I've ever bought has
been opened (usually in the car on the way home).  Every toy I ever buy *will*
be opened.  I try to avoid buying things in sealed boxes when I can, actually,
because I know I will open it, and the sealed box adds to the cost.

eric