 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 2018
Re: Airport Shuttle 6399 for sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 19:30:17 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net> writes:

Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, John Neal writes:
Is $600 too high a price for a MIB 6399?  I have a friend off-line who
is willing to sell.  Email me.

at that price to find out whether it's mint-in-box with mint-box, or just
mint-in-box.

Oh, I did not know there was this kind of distinction.

Usually there isn't, :) but if you're paying that much, don't you want to
know?

It's sealed, new, as if you could buy it off the shelf today.  It is in
the highest state of newness-- what would, technically speaking, this be
called?

No, that's not the highest state of newness.  Sets off the shelves --
especially sets with large boxes -- often have nicks and scrapes in them.
It might also have an unremovable price tag on the front for all you know.

Just me, but if I was considering paying $600 for a new 6399, I'd want to
make sure that the box was pristine mint -- no scratches or shelf wear or
anything like that.  Archival quality boxes (worthy of being saved for years
and scanned later) are actually pretty hard to come by even in medium-sized
sets.  If you want a truly pristine box, you often have to get it from S@H
(they're pretty good about this) or just as the store employee is unloading
the shipping cartons onto the shelves.  Small boxes are pretty easy to find
in pristine mint condition on the shelves.

BTW, I've never personally ever even *seen* a pristine mint monorail box --
I looked and looked an looked for over a year back in 1995, and when I
finally bought my 6991, I had to settle for a mint box.  :-)

--Todd