 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 15271 (-10)
  Re: Important Announcement from Brickmania (I'm quitting custom kits!))

(...) Dan - I'm afraid the only one of your models I could afford was after TLC productionised it (and it's the most detailed kit I've ever bought - nice), but it's still a shame to see your custom business coming to an end. Still, I hope the music (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Lots of new inventory and reduced prices at Abracadabrick!

Hi all, I've just update my BrickLink inventory with a bunch of additional sets and parts. And, I've lowered quite a few prices (some items I put on sale, others I just lowered). Check it out at (URL) as a bonus, buy over $25 in parts or sets and (...) (22 years ago, 21-Mar-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Best/Cheapest source for an Mindstorms RIS 2.0?

A good option for a cheap RIS set is Target stores that are in smaller towns. If you know someone that lives near a lone Target store, they might still find one for sale. A friend of mine, that lives in a town with only a single Target and Walmart, (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Best/Cheapest source for an Mindstorms RIS 2.0?

Hrm. Since I don't have ANYTHING Mindstorms yet, I suspect that getting the USB tower, all the sensory goodness, and the software in one happy package might be the way for me to go, but buying it piece-meal style might work out better, as I don't (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Best/Cheapest source for an Mindstorms RIS 2.0?

Hi Adrian, I was just at the Lego outlet at Discover Mills, on my lunch break, and they still have a bunch of the RCX bricks in stock. Can't remember the exact price, but I think it was around $60 (they were definitely cheaper than anything on BL). (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Best/Cheapest source for an Mindstorms RIS 2.0?

I have a plan for a new creation (no, not a mindstorms controlled version of my Turkey Mech) and it may require me to finally break down and buy myself some mindstorms-ey action. I think the whole 3804 would be my best bet (USB Tower, a few touch (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  20% off all parts at GoB - Lions Gate Models

For a limited time only, I've marked all the parts in my Bricklink store down by 20%: (URL) of cool colors (medium blue, orange, sand green, lime green, etc) and useful parts! Kevin ---...--- Shopping Mall is back: (URL) TOWN PLANNING information: (...) (22 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Important Announcement from Brickmania (I'm quitting custom kits!))

Dan I would like to thank you for your great kits. The kits and their construction techniques have inspired many AFOL’s creations including my own. I am now beginning to realize the time and effort it takes to produce a custom set. I will miss new (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Important Announcement from Brickmania (I'm quitting custom kits!))

(...) Only those really close to me could see this coming (probably for about a year actually), but there was no point in letting people know my intentions until I had reached a final decision. I think the past 6 weeks of working 12 hours a day, 7 (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Important Announcement from Brickmania (I'm quitting custom kits!))

(...) <snippo> Dan- Wow--just a week or so ago you were thinking about a naval Brickmania line, and now this? I most certainly didn't see this coming. Hopefully it will show dividends, however, in production of great (big) new Dan Siskind (naval) (...) (22 years ago, 19-Mar-03, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact