 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 15263
Re: Important Announcement from Brickmania (I'm quitting custom kits!))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:14:25 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.announce, Daniel Siskind writes:
Brickmania to Halt Custom Kits Sales!!!

<snippo>

  Dan-

  Wow--just a week or so ago you were thinking about a naval
  Brickmania line, and now this?  I most certainly didn't see
  this coming.  Hopefully it will show dividends, however, in
  production of great (big) new Dan Siskind (naval) MOCs!

Only those really close to me could see this coming (probably for about a year
actually), but there was no point in letting people know my intentions until I
had reached a final decision.  I think the past 6 weeks of working 12 hours a
day, 7 days a week was a real factor. I basically have two successful businesses
and I choose to stick with my other one and return to recreational building.
Yes, you'll see some result soon.  I'm half way through building the hull for a
1:128 scale USS Missouri... it's real big!

  One thought, however:  perhaps you could still offer to sell
  instructions to some of the model kits?  It wouldn't cost
  much to do, it shouldn't take much time, and probably would
  still turn a few dimes around your way.  I'm sure people
  would really like the chance to get one of your kits, even
  if the pieces themselves aren't part of the deal!  :)

Yes, all of them will be available on a single CD-Rom in June.  This is the most
efficient way for me to continue to make the instructions available after I stop
producing actual kits and return to civilian life.

Thanks!

Dan

  all best

  LFB