 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 15269
Re: Best/Cheapest source for an Mindstorms RIS 2.0?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 19:17:50 GMT

A good option for a cheap RIS  set is Target stores that are in smaller
towns.  If you know someone that lives near a lone Target store, they might
still find one for sale.  A friend of mine, that lives in a town with only a
single Target and Walmart, recently got me a RIS for $50.  It had been
opened, but all the bags were still sealed and none of the pieces were
missing.

Greg

"Adrian Drake" <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message
Hrm.  Since I don't have ANYTHING Mindstorms yet, I suspect that getting • the
USB tower, all the sensory goodness, and the software in one happy package
might be the way for me to go, but buying it piece-meal style might work • out
better, as I don't really need all the regular bricks that come with the
Complete RIS.

Thanks for the offer.

Adrian

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Gregory Muri writes:
Hi Adrian,

I was just at the Lego outlet at Discover Mills, on my lunch break, and • they
still have a bunch of the RCX bricks in stock.  Can't remember the exact
price, but I think it was around $60 (they were definitely cheaper than
anything on BL).  They also sell the complete RIS 2.0, but it is not on • sale
or anything.  If you decide to order the RCX alone and need some touch
sensors let me know, I think I have some extras.

BTW, they also have the complete line of Designer sets.  Wooooohoooooo!