 Marketplace / Buy/Sell/Trade / 11993
Re: Brickbay back up (was: Re: BrickBay went bonkers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 16:22:23 GMT

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Dan Jezek writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Kevin Salm writes:
In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Michael Edwards writes:
Brickbay has gone BANG *again* :(

This seems to be happening very Thursday now...

Brickbay now appears to be operational again as of 9 PM Eastern Time.

The first thing I did was to download my shop inventory....
seems that the hit counters have been messed up, probably some of the databases
too....YUP, feedback database has been reverted just like Julie and Ray said...

Emails appear to be working; Just received a few wanted notices.

It looks like data has been wiped out again by Interland - for the 3rd time
now during the past 3 months.  The good news is that Brickbay is in the
process of moving to a new host and I copied over all the databases last
night.  I've shut down the site and it will come up again in 1 to 2 days on
the new server.  I'll post the details later.  The backup I took is as of
last night so all activity that happened today will be lost.  But hey, it's
better than having 2 months of data lost.

Dan, may I suggest the following as a course of action ...

1) Set all the stores to 'Closed' so that each individual store owner can check
their inventory position against orders that occured on Thrusday, and make
adjustments (as necessary).

2) Announce here that BrickBay has returned to operational status (as a cue to
the store owners to go forth, inspect, adjust and reopen).

Ray
Cosmic Toys