 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 853
Re: Bidpay for Bricklink??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 12:28:20 GMT

In lugnet.market.brickshops, Kevin Salm writes:
In lugnet.market.brickshops, Thomas Stangl writes:
I recently placed an order, and on the shop's Splash page, it said they
took Bidpay for CC-funded orders.

Now, I used to say the same on my shop, but I checked the Bidpay.com
site yet again, and the Sellers FAQ still notes:

Q.Can BidPay.com be used to receive payment for non-auction purchases?
A. No. The BidPaySM service is intended only for auction payments.

So how do you manage to request a payment through Bidpay for a straight
sale on Bricklink?

About six months back, someone [1] queried the people at Bidpay on this matter.
I think the outcome was positive in that any money order requests for
BrickLink would be honored [2].  Perhaps the recipient needs to be registered
as a seller with Bidpay.  I also seem to recall that response included the
words "we will try it" meaning they may not honor such requests any more.

My memory is a bit cloudy on this, so I cannot guarantee I have my story
straight exactly.

Tom, your best bet would be to contact Bidpay yourself to find out.  Reporting
back here for the benefit of all would be appreciated.

I contacted BidPay a few months ago after an international buyer's payment
was rejected by BidPay.  This buyer had successfully used BidPay a few
months before the rejection for another order.  Basically, if the
transaction is reviewed or audited, it will be rejected by BidPay.  Their
issue is their inability to verify the transaction since buyer/seller/order
details are not available publicly (which is a good thing, IMHO), they were
favorable of the feedback system however.  The BidPay rep I corresponded
with recommended that the buyer refer to both the buyer and seller user IDs
and the same "we will try it".  If the seller has a high feedback (track
record) there is a good chance the payment will go through.  This needs to
be tested.

I have not had any more BidPay attempts since that last rejection.  The
international buyer now sends cash ;-)

-Rob.