 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 849
Re: Bidpay for Bricklink??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 05:50:49 GMT

Tom,

Since this is regarding Milissa's store, I will tell you how we did/do it. :-)

At the time we registered for BidPay, BrickBay was holding auctions at the
time. Hence no conflicts.

Since then BrickBay/Bricklink has discontinued auctions. This was a concern
of ours for the reason you cited below. I e-mailed BidPay customer support
for clarification. I can not find the response right now but the gist of it
was since we were already registered AND utilized the services in both
directions for us personally on eBay and had received MO's from them for
BrickBay, then we could continue to do so.

How we did/do it was when you are asked to select an auction site, we chose
other and entered BrickBay as the company.

Now, we have not received any since the change to BrickLink, but I do not
think that would affect it.

BTW, Thanx for reading the splash page, 7 out of 10 don't.

Thanx,

Mark Millere
LUGnet # 525
Visit Milissa's LEGO store, Millere's Spares
< http://www.BrickLink.com/store.asp?i=MMillere

In lugnet.market.brickshops, Thomas Stangl writes:
I recently placed an order, and on the shop's Splash page, it said they
took Bidpay for CC-funded orders.

Now, I used to say the same on my shop, but I checked the Bidpay.com
site yet again, and the Sellers FAQ still notes:

Q.Can BidPay.com be used to receive payment for non-auction purchases?
A. No. The BidPaySM service is intended only for auction payments.

So how do you manage to request a payment through Bidpay for a straight
sale on Bricklink?

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/