 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 852
Re: Bidpay for Bricklink??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 12:20:20 GMT

Tom,

I received a payment through BidPay just a week or so ago without any
problems.  It was marked as a bricklink payment with the order number.  I
have been registered with them for quite a while though, so that might have
something to do with it.

I believe bidpay is run by western union, and I further believe that they
want to limit bidpay to "online transactions" to avoid having it cut into
their regular "money moving" services which they charge more for.  My
opinion of course, but I think as long as it is for some sort of transaction
where merchandise is actually being delivered, they will let it go through.

Troy

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote in message
I recently placed an order, and on the shop's Splash page, it said they
took Bidpay for CC-funded orders.

Now, I used to say the same on my shop, but I checked the Bidpay.com
site yet again, and the Sellers FAQ still notes:

Q.Can BidPay.com be used to receive payment for non-auction purchases?
A. No. The BidPaySM service is intended only for auction payments.

So how do you manage to request a payment through Bidpay for a straight
sale on Bricklink?

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/