 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 848
Re: Bidpay for Bricklink??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 04:55:28 GMT

Thanks, I just used their online form to ping them about it.

My question was mainly whether people HAVE been able to use BidPay.com for
CC-funded payments, and if so, how they got away with it ;-)

Kevin Salm wrote:

In lugnet.market.brickshops, Thomas Stangl writes:
I recently placed an order, and on the shop's Splash page, it said they
took Bidpay for CC-funded orders.

Now, I used to say the same on my shop, but I checked the Bidpay.com
site yet again, and the Sellers FAQ still notes:

Q.Can BidPay.com be used to receive payment for non-auction purchases?
A. No. The BidPaySM service is intended only for auction payments.

So how do you manage to request a payment through Bidpay for a straight
sale on Bricklink?

About six months back, someone [1] queried the people at Bidpay on this matter.
I think the outcome was positive in that any money order requests for
BrickLink would be honored [2].  Perhaps the recipient needs to be registered
as a seller with Bidpay.  I also seem to recall that response included the
words "we will try it" meaning they may not honor such requests any more.

My memory is a bit cloudy on this, so I cannot guarantee I have my story
straight exactly.

Tom, your best bet would be to contact Bidpay yourself to find out.  Reporting
back here for the benefit of all would be appreciated.

__Kevin Salm__
....Over 20 years experience building with Lego toys....

[1] Either Paul Janssen or Ray Sanders, IIRC
[2] Bidpay money orders are approved/denied by actual live people

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/