 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 405 (-20)
  (canceled)

  It's Bricklink now !

Well, I was at first confused a bit (cause I haven't seen the discussion above) , but ok, let it be ! I never liked eBay anyway ... ...And why to mess with idiots ... name doesn't matter - it is still where it was we'll have to change our favourites (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops) !

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

(...) I just sent off a message to eBay... To whom it may concern, As a concerned person of the internet community, I was most displeased when I read about your recent 'infringement suit' against another web site called BrickBay. Your legal (...) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Medium Blue parts added to brickbay shop The Yellowcastle

I've added some Medium Blue parts (and others) from <set:4579> to my Brickbay shop The Yellowcastle. View these by going here: (URL) and selecting the view by color. Thanks for looking, BEN GATRELLE (URL) (23 years ago, 30-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

(...) I believe this is an issue of trademark rather than copyright. eBay(r) has some copyrighted material but Brickbay(tm) isn't infringing on any of it to the best of my knowledge. As to your thesis that the whole concept of copyright will be gone (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

(...) ebay...ptooie. I say fight them, Dan. I would be willing to contribute $100 to a Brickbay defense fund.... Viva la Brick*BAY*!!!!! -John (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

sad sad sad, once this transition into the REAL information age is over, the whole concept of copyright will be gone... ...but until then, the bullies can sue as they like. -p (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

(...) I'm no lawyer either, but I know DC Comics took legal action against a elementary football team called the "Superman." They also used the Superman logo on their helmets. Now, I'm sure DC could've careed less... heck, they probably liked it. (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.general)

  Re: Inventory XML Export - Interest?

Very interested! An option for CSV would be quite useful, as well. -Steve (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Prices Reduced Permanently and on Sale

(...) My fault, sorry. Yesterday I changed my username (the old one was owings, named after the town I then lived in), but since I have moved, and will move again, I decided to get a new name. I forgot that the shop is linked to the username, not (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Prices Reduced Permanently and on Sale

(...) Hi. I'd really like to take a look at your shop, but I keep getting a 404 error when tyring to use the link above. I also tried finding your store by name, but was unable to locate it. I am able to access my Brickbay account and other stores, (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

(...) Hee-hee...I meant it more like eBay would have other, bigger fish to fry before they really took the time to flex more muscle at Brickbay...others were more blatently harming them, they'll deal with those faster/more actively...gives Dan some (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

(...) Ah, yes, I forgot that, right. I think that proves to some degree the association being made. I've only browsed Brickbay occassionally and never bought anything from a vendor on there (I prefer my addictions from local retail :) yet I made the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

(...) I'm an eBay user and I don't think that it would be of any use to do a boycott. It seems to me that no matter what you want to do against eBay, it is a lost cause. They just don't care! They make millions anyway so why would you spend energy (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

(...) Could I also suggest that lugnet.general may not be the best forum to discuss this in. Perhaps it's time to keep this to lugnet.market.brickshops. FUT: lugnet.market.brickshops Frank (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

(...) Maybe the Hudson's Bay Company of Canada should look into asking eBay to change it's name. After all I think they were the frist to use the term "Bay" since they started in the late 16th Century :) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

Matthew Gerber wrote in message ... (...) and (...) As I posted in the Brickbay discussion forums, If you (the collective YOU, not Matt specifically :-) ) really want to fight eBay, this is NOT a good forum to discuss tactics or strategy. It's a (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

(...) I don't know if this sheds any more light on the situation, but here is my understanding of large companies defending their trademark: I was reading an article in Florida one day that was telling of "Disney" sueing a day care center for using (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

(...) D'OH! Sorry Dan...head meant to type about BrickBay, fingers decided to type about BrickShelf! Matt (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bad News for Brickbay!?

(...) Now, see, I think it has a lot to do with the service, maybe even more so than the name. I'm sure eBay does regular sweeps of the Web, WHOIS, domain registrars and such, and looks for *Bay names...mostly assuming that these services ARE (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact