 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 172
Re: Making a public complaint
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 13:57:59 GMT

Well, certainly you have the right.

One would hope, though, that you have tried on at least a couple of
occasions to contact the seller.  Brickbay isn't a 100% perfect system, and
I know I've not gotten notices via email before about an order and found out
about it a couple of days later when the buy inquired about the total
including shipping.

I suppose one could say the "vendors" on Brickbay ought to check their
orders list daily or more often, but most of us who sell things there
*aren't* vendors - we're hobbyists just like you with real lives that
sometimes interfere with buying and selling Lego stuff.

That having been said, assuming you've contacted the seller and gotten no
response before, what I would do is let the seller know you will be bringing
it up here publicly if you don't get a response, and if you still don't, do.

In lugnet.market.brickshops, Tanya K. Burkhart writes:
Advice, please:

Do I have a right to make very public the problem I am having with a
particular Brickbay vendor?

At this point, I am so teed off that I can barely look at my bricks because
I am being held up on a project by the parts I am still waiting to hear
about after *six* weeks.  Not one email from this person.

Help,

Tanya