 Marketplace / Brick Shops / 1501
Re: What did you make with your BrickLink order?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:07:14 GMT

In lugnet.market.brickshops, Erik Olson wrote:
I need an example of a MOC that was made possible by BrickLink orders.

In my case it wasn't that I ordered hundreds or thousands of elements to
complete a model. In fact, I think I really only needed a handful of slopes,
maybe a dozen or two at most.  But I needed them in a specific color and I
needed them in a hurry. And my happy Bricklink story is about how quickly I was
able to get them.

I ordered the parts on a Sunday and was very very glad that they arrived
(shipped from Quebec to Ontario) just three days later, on the Wednesday. It was
a case of being able to call on a Bricklink seller I had used before and knew
would ship quickly.  Although I really didn't expect it to be that quick.  :)

The order was received from someone I consider to be an excellent example of how
Bricklink can run smoothly. So I think it's only fair for me to give him a quick
mention here.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Yanitzch

One thing I like about dealing with Yanick (besides his lighting fast and often
very clever packaging) is that after your order is placed he sends you a picture
of the parts you are going to receive.  It's a great service that he offers
above and beyond his already excellent customer service.

Oh... the model that was able to be completed, thanks to this order, was my CN
Tower model that was then displayed that following weekend at The Hobby Show in
Toronto.  Here's a picture:

The slopes I got from Yanick helped to complete part of the Space Pod, the
smaller higher observation deck near the top of the tower.

Best regards,
Allan B.