 Marketplace / Brick Shops / * (-20)
Subject:
The BrickLink bugs thread
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 2016 16:06:34 GMT

This section has not been active for 5+ years, but I think there is a valid need
for something now. There are a number of unresolved bugs at BL. Attempts at
reporting them has met with denial. List the bugs you know about here, but keep
it factual and don't try to take BL down in the process.

thanks, Ray

Subject:
"Had it with eBay" celebratory sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Sat, 30 Jul 2011 21:28:26 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I did it. I sold my last item at eBay, and I no longer have a store there or any listings. The prices and service (high and low respectively) don’t compare to BrickLink. Maybe they’ll change for the better but for now, I had enough.

So, to celebrate, for the next week (ending when we get back from BrickFair) anyone who buys ANYTHING from my store on BrickLink will get 5% off on the merchandise price. Mention this message in your remarks, ask for the discount and when we invoice you, we’ll apply the discount. Easy peasy.

Please mention this message prior to payment, thanks.

Subject:
All sets reduced, lots of parts marked down!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Thu, 26 May 2011 02:34:24 GMT

Time to make some space! All sets in my store are reduced to be among the
cheapest on BrickLink. Lots of parts marked down too!

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=roygal

Subject:
My minion is bored sale: 25% OFF Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2010 17:47:36 GMT

My minion is back from vacation but has not yet gone back to school, thus she is
bored.  Keep her busy by placing some orders in my store!

All parts are 25% OFF!

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh

Troy

Subject:
I want to buy something expensive sale!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 2010 18:51:14 GMT

I want to buy something expensive, so I am having a sale!

All parts 25% off

(except a few parts from newly parted out sets that were added after I converted
my parts to sale prices)

All Gear and Instructions 10% off

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh&rID=-5

Thanks,

Troy

Subject:
A Brick Too Far USA reopens on BrickLink
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 2010 18:22:48 GMT

Well, it’s time to reopen my store after a 5 year hiatus. I hope that you’ll stop by and take a look:

A Brick Too Far USA

I’ll be adding more parts and sets over the next couple of months as I verify this, that and the other thing.

I am only shipping within the US for now until I get back in the groove of selling again (I also am still trying to find out if there are currency conversion fees deducted when dealing with Paypal payments from out of the US when the buyer uses a currency other than US dollars).

Subject:
Recently Updated My Bricklink Shop!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 2010 17:33:16 GMT

Hello all,

It's been a long time since I've logged on to Lugnet.  Hope all is well and it's
glad to be back.  Anyway, I have listed almost all of my brand new Lego parts on
my Bricklink store.  I'm moving to a smaller apartment and everything cannot fit
in the new place.  All prices are low and shipping is never high.  I ship
worldwide.  Please check out my shop.

Thanks!
Joe Franco
NYC

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=JoeSS

PS:  If interested in everything in the whole store, email me.  I'm reasonable -
I'll knock off a good amount of money if sold all in one lot.

Subject:
10% off Metal Brick keychains through Friday!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 2009 03:22:21 GMT

10% off anything at http://shop.bldesign.org/, now through Friday, Dec 11. Use coupon code SINTK10 when you check out.

Subject:
Black Friday starts today, 25 - 65 % off at Docking Bay 94
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 2009 03:28:59 GMT

November has been fantastic for Docking Bay 94 and to finish it with a bang
everything is marked down 25 - 65% off already low prices.

25% off remaining Star Wars minifigs and sets
35% off remaining Star Wars magnet figs and keychains
50% off most parts
65% off stickers & instructions

May not be able to pick and invoice during the holiday festivities Wednesday
night and Thursday, but will be happy to be kept busy on Friday.

Happy shopping and happy early holiday shopping!

John
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=jaradtke

Subject:
LEGO Lights now available!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Wed, 30 Sep 2009 16:24:26 GMT

I now have most of the LEGO LED Light items available! These are oversized
minifigs
or bricks that contain LED lights.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh&catID=G143

Only missing the keychain, which is backordered...

Very cool stuff!

Troy

Subject:
20 - 50% OFF ALL PARTS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:10:57 GMT

It is sale time again at Troy's Surplus Toys!

All parts have been put on at least 20% off sale, with some items that I am
tired of having around having discounts up to 50% off.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh

Thanks,

Troy

Subject:
Franks Bricks has opened
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 2009 04:51:14 GMT

I have just opened a BrickLink store with many new sets for sale. Over the
next few months, I will also be adding parts.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=ffilz

Lots of Town and Train, a few small Castle, some Pirate, some Star Wars,
some Technic, some Model Team, and more.

Thanks for shopping

Frank

Re: LDraw2BrickLink script
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 2009 00:38:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Scott Wardlaw wrote:
Yeah, I think I remember seeing your post on the Blender importer.  That was
really interesting!  Would you mind posting a few pictures of your models
rendered in Blender?

Scott

I haven't actually made very much, but here's one made with a beta and ambient
lighting:
http://impiaaa.googlepages.com/basicminifig.jpg
These I made with an alpha that actually ended up getting scrapped:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ2LHOamZNA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHqByke3oUU

-Spencer

Re: LDraw2BrickLink script
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 2009 01:05:32 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Spencer Alves wrote:
Also, I made a Blender LDraw importer even though I knew there were 3 already
out there, just because the others were unmaintained and I knew mine would be
better :-)
-Spencer

Yeah, I think I remember seeing your post on the Blender importer.  That was
really interesting!  Would you mind posting a few pictures of your models
rendered in Blender?

Scott

Re: LDraw2BrickLink script
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 2009 14:39:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Scott Wardlaw wrote:
It isn't very well advertised, but you should check out BrickStore
<http://www.brickforge.de/software/brickstore>  It is open source and does the
same thing in a GUI.

After spending hours and hours programming StickerGenerator, I was told that
there was already a Bitmap2LDraw.  I now use both; as each has unique features.
I had a lot of fun and learned a lot creating it.  I might have even done it
again knowing Bitmap2LDraw already existed.

Scott W.
I've heard of BrickStore, but I didn't know it could import LDraw files and
export XML for searching. I'll look into it.
The script really wasn't much work gone to waste. I might still use it.
Also, I made a Blender LDraw importer even though I knew there were 3 already
out there, just because the others were unmaintained and I knew mine would be
better :-)
-Spencer

Re: LDraw2BrickLink script
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 20:56:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Spencer Alves wrote:
Hi,
I made a simple Python script, which you can download here:
http://impiaaa.googlepages.com/ldraw2bricklink.zip
that takes an LDraw model file as input and outputs BrickLink XML, which can be
pasted into a search here:
http://www.bricklink.com/storeFilter.asp
It might be useful for people who wish to build a mockup/prototype of a model in
LDraw, then order the parts to build it in real life. An alternative use is
getting your Lego Factory creations for a much cheaper price. :-)

Instructions for use:
1. Download and unzip the script.
2. Download and install Python v2.6 (www.python.org) if you haven't already.
3. Enter this into the command prompt:
python <path-to-script> <path-to-model-file>
(replace <path-to-script> with the full file path and file name of the script,
and <path-to-model-file> with the full path to the model file that you wish to
use)
4. Press return/enter.
5. Copy and paste the resulting XML into the BrickLink store search page. Press
search.
Ta-da! A list of stores with the parts you need will appear.

-Spencer

It isn't very well advertised, but you should check out BrickStore
<http://www.brickforge.de/software/brickstore>  It is open source and does the
same thing in a GUI.

After spending hours and hours programming StickerGenerator, I was told that
there was already a Bitmap2LDraw.  I now use both; as each has unique features.
I had a lot of fun and learned a lot creating it.  I might have even done it
again knowing Bitmap2LDraw already existed.

Scott W.

Subject:
LDraw2BrickLink script
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 19:09:17 GMT

[...]

Subject:
SALE TIME! 25% - 50% OFF Select Items
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 2009 15:19:19 GMT

I am bored at work, and my minions are surely bored due to the lack of work, so
I have been putting items on sale!  Discounts range from 25% to 50% OFF.

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh&saleID=y

I will continue to place items on sale throughout the day, so check back often.

Troy

Odd request: need a set from S@H + stuff
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Fri, 8 May 2009 16:44:57 GMT

Hello

A friend of mine wants to buy a 8527 robot which is not avaiable in EU. Could any seller at bricklink offer to buy it and handle it to us?

There is a catch: I want to buy some parts myself:

1) parts to build 6035 and 6061

2) parts to build the box car from 4512 and maybe a passenger car from 3225

I’ll buy the parts at some time anyway...

WBR Sonnich

Subject:
10% - 30% OFF all Parts / Minifigs / Instructions / Gear
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 2009 00:09:06 GMT

My packing minions have run out of orders to do, and I can't have them sitting
around idle, so you know what that means!  It is SALE TIME again!

I have set All Parts, Minifigs, Instructions and Gear (Basically everything but
Sets) to 10% OFF!  I have also increased the discount on all wedge and Bionicle
categories (including sets) to 30% OFF!

Come help me stimulate the economy and keep my minions working and out of
trouble!

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=mnementh&rID=-5

Thanks,

Troy