 Marketplace / Auctions / 9563 (-20)
  Re: Ebay sniper? you make the call

(...) I've done it. Nothing to hide. It's just part of the ugliness that can be eBay. I bid over my dial-up home connection. So my response time isn't always guaranteed. I will sometimes snipe with 30, 20, or even 10 seconds to go. With the lag (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Ebay sniper? you make the call

(...) Oh, duh! I forgot about that--I've been off of ebay for a while... Dave! (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Ebay sniper? you make the call

I've been sniped by the same guy multiple times, each time with about 5 seconds to go. I think they are using software which bids for them. The purpose of sniping is to conceal even your fair estimate in hopes nobody else will seriously value it (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Ebay sniper? you make the call

(...) All you can determine is that the sniper's bid is $1 higher than your current max bid. Personally, I just bid what I want to bid for the item. I may re-evaluate later, but most times I bid up front. Of course this does give the sniper the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Ebay sniper? you make the call

(...) I concur--the fact that "sniping" can work at all suggests that the "sniped" bidder was withholding a higher bid in hope of scoring a deal; after all, one's bid is nominally the amount that one is willing to pay for the item, and if one it (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Ebay sniper? you make the call

(...) Sure, it can happen. Waiting until three seconds are left is courting disaster what with the net lag demons, but that may be why it happened at 3 rather than 23 seconds. Heck, if I know I'm going to be around for an auction end, I'll put a bid (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Ebay sniper? you make the call

(...) Scott, this happens far more often than you'd think. I was teaching a new computer user haw to use ebay yesterday and this exact situation happened. She was shocked that an item could be sniped with only a second remaining in the auction. I (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Ebay sniper? you make the call

(...) I've had it happen to me and I've done it before also. Once with just 1 second left. Now, no flames, I'm just playing the E-Bay game like a lot of others. I may not like it, but to win, sometimes you have to play just as dirty as others. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Ebay sniper? you make the call

It’s really not a big deal, but I was bidding on an item on Ebay and I was out bid, literally 3 seconds before the item closed. Is that even possible? Was it just extraordinary luck that the winning bidder clicked submit just under the wire or was (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  3 OOAK Custom Train Cars now at auction on Bricklink!

Hi all! I have 3 very special items up for auction right now: (URL) one of a kind train cars are never going to be remade or replicated by me again, so this is it! When they are gone, they are gone! thanks for looking, and have a great week! cheers! (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Less than 15 hours on this auction on BL.........

New Lego slopes...127 33 3x1 green slopes. Low reserve, could be had for a low price. Stop by. Thanks, Anthony (URL) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Lego Turkey on auction at BrickLink

A genuine new Lego Turkey is being auctioned on BrickLink. Get yours now just in time for the holidays :) (URL) Ray Sanders Cosmic Toys (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  ==+== Lego Rock Raiders 4950 / 4959 Loader-Dozer [ebay] ==+==

Lego Rock Raiders 4950 / 4959 Loader-Dozer [ebay] I have two: (URL) [US$] (URL) [UKP] Scorr A (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Dark Pink torsos, pink legs & arches on BrickLink

I hesitate to call anything, rare, so...I have some items not sold too often up for auction: 2 Dark Pink torsos 2 Pink legs 8 Black Brick, Arch 1 x 6 x 3 1/3 with Curved Top (URL) for looking, Julie (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  On eBay: Space Stuff - Some Rare All Excellent Condition

Sixteen Lego space sets. Some of the small ones would make excellent stocking stuffers. Also includes 6986 - Mission Commander Take a look at: (URL) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Jango Fett sculpture on eBay!

(...) I'd doubt it would be standard S@H shipping costs. For a start, there are 2 fulfilment centres for S@H one in USA and one in Denmark. So, standard S@H shipping costs are calculated relative to your "local" fulfilment centre, and therefore (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.auction)

  FA(ebay) LEGO set # 6941 Battrax - Blacktron I (1987)

Hello all, I have the following set on ebay for auction: set #6941 Battrax - Blacktron I (year 1987): -set condition: set is 100% complete, parts like new, was in a homeshowcase. -original building instruction comes with the set. -additional (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  130 Auctions listed 65 are Minfig Auctions from Island_Oasis

We have 130 Lego Auctions listed right now. 65 Lego Minifig auctions & 65 Special part auctions. Tons of minifigs, accessories, weapons & animals. Lots of variety, almost all the themes will be represented. We have OVER 50 Rare Imperial Guard (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Delivery Center 6377, and Classic Space Sets

Hi everyone! I am selling some of my lego collection on eBay: Delivery Center 6377 (URL) Dart-1 6824, Astro Dasher 6805, and Space Patrol 6803 (URL) Transport 6823, Space Rover 6804, Space Buggy 886 (URL) for checking it out! Best regards, Clark (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Bricklink auctions, monorail longs, Stormtroopers, numbered Santa Fe

Less than 3 days left for several auctions. Some new ones just listed: Stormtroopers, New, Quantity of 11 (currently at $1.00) Monorail Long Straight, Excellent, Quantity of 5 (currently at $1.00) 75 Degree light grey 2x2x3 convex slopes, Used, very (...) (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.auction)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact