 Marketplace / Auctions / 8887
Re: Reference on eBay user "Toddele"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 04:23:56 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Mark Rideout writes:
Has anyone had a transaction with an eBay seller "Toddele". This person has
an eBay "store" (http://www.ebaystores.com/toddelelegoshop) that I'm looking
to make a large purchase at. If you have had or know of someone who has had
any experience working with this person and can provide some feedback, I
would appreciate it.

thanks
mark

I have had at least 4 transactions with Gerhard over the last few years.  All
have been very good experiences.

As a buyer, I sent cash payments each time and I always received my Lego.
Since I am in no hurry I specify surface mail which means I expect to wait a
while for the packages to arrive--and they always have.  But I will say that I
have gotten speedier service from other sellers.

In fact, the last time I bought from Gerhard on Ebay, he replied and I sent
cash payment.  In his email he commented about me having a Brickbay shop and
the next thing I knew, he had placed an order from my Brickbay shop.  I forget
how he paid (Paypal I think), but I DID hold on to his BB order until my Ebay
package arrived.  The wait was reasonable and his BB order was sent along to
him.  I promptly received BB feedback from him when he got the package.
Overall, a pretty easy 2-way deal.

I am willing to vouch completely for "Toddele" both as a seller and as a
buyer.

Lately I would much rather deal with sellers from Germany than from the USA
when buying Lego on Ebay.  They have older Lego parts to offer and the service
is better and more professional.

I recently completed a few deals with one USA seller who, in my opion, is VERY
impatient.  I do not like getting 6 emails in the 3 days after an auction
ends;
one message is sufficent.  Repetitive warnings about not paying are very
patronizing to me and I purposely delayed my last payment about 10 days to
this
person because they annoyed the heck out of me.  I have chosen NOT to deal
with
this person again, no matter how much I want what they have to sell.
When my Lego gets here, I WILL leave feedback, but it will be mediocre at best
and I may email the seller to tell "Her" (yes, a female :(..) that I will not
be buying from her again because she is so bitchy.  I don't need 6 messages
telling me to hurry up and pay or else I will get a negative feedback.  She
can
go suck an egg......

A little patience goes a long way....

__Kevin Salm__
....Christmas is cancelled due to overspending on Lego....