 Marketplace / Auctions / 8885
Re: Reference on eBay user "Toddele"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 21:45:27 GMT

I've had one transaction with Toddele.

I won an eBay auction of his for a 6261 about a year ago, and sent him a check
on December 4.  In early January, I noticed that it had not been cashed yet, so
I asked him about it.  He replied that it takes him awhile to get checks
cashed, but that he had already sent the item (the check ended up getting
cashed a couple of weeks later).  Well, about six more weeks passed, and I
still had not received the set, when I found another one cheap and bought it.
I forgot about looking into what happened to the 6261 from Toddele until I
thought that it was too late to bring it up; I assumed that it either got lost
in the Christmas mail, or sent to the wrong place because of those barcode
zipcode stickers the USPS puts over the original zipcode on overseas packages.

Anyway, he seemed like a nice guy, and its largely my fault for not following
up.  I can't really rate this as positive or negative.  I'd be willing to deal
with him again, but I'd be hesitant to risk more than about $30 at this point.

John

In lugnet.market.auction, Mark Rideout writes:
Has anyone had a transaction with an eBay seller "Toddele". This person has
an eBay "store" (http://www.ebaystores.com/toddelelegoshop) that I'm looking
to make a large purchase at. If you have had or know of someone who has had
any experience working with this person and can provide some feedback, I
would appreciate it.

thanks
mark