 Marketplace / Auctions / 8273
    MIB listings when they are not MIB —Kevin Salm
   MIB listings for items when they are not drive me crazy !!! I have a few routine searches that I use on Ebay within the Lego category [1]. One of those is a search for 'MIB' Now, one would expect that all items listed as MIB would be in that (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: MIB listings when they are not MIB —Matthew Gerber
     (...) In the antique toy world, the term MIMB is used for Mint In Mint Box. I've found the term very useful in the past to tell the difference between a serious collector/seller and someone trying to pull a fast one. It might have use in this (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: MIB listings when they are not MIB —Aaron West
     (...) Yea, the way it gets used, you'd think they meant "Mine In Box". When purchased, I guess they expect it to become YIB? They're most likely trying to get a higher sale price for the term usage. Pay it no mind unless the actual description (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: MIB listings when they are not MIB —David Lewis
     (...) I'm glad I'm not the only one this really bothers. It seems to have gotten worse over the last year and a half or so. I went so far as to e-mail ebay and ask if they had guidelines for sellers as to what "mint" means. They basically said no (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.market.theory)

         Re: MIB listings when they are not MIB —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I think you can safely assume that it bothers a lot of people. (...) Ah yes, the ever helpful eBay support staff comes through again.... (...) Would that more people would do that. ++Lar (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: MIB listings when they are not MIB —Bruce Schlickbernd
     I read the actual condition of the item, which usually isn't true MIB, and simply bid accordingly. I don't pay much attention to "MIB" because it has been so badly abused. With Lego, I really don't care if something is MIB - I'm just going to open (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.market.theory)

        Re: MIB listings when they are not MIB —Kyle D. Jackson
   (...) G'day Kevin, I can understand your frustration, but am I missing something here? I've always thought "mint" could be rightfully applied to opened sets. An assembled set likely suffers some minor wear due to being assemblied, and so is perhaps (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.market.theory)