 Marketplace / Theory / 2064
Re: MIB listings when they are not MIB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 12:35:45 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, David Lewis writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, Kevin Salm writes:
MIB listings for items when they are not drive me crazy !!!
Please do not over-use the term MINT in describing auctions.  It drives me
crazy!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one this really bothers.  It seems to have gotten
worse over the last year and a half or so.

I think you can safely assume that it bothers a lot of people.

I went so far as to e-mail ebay and ask if they had guidelines for sellers
as to what "mint" means.  They basically said no and I should read the text
to determine what the seller means by "mint".

Ah yes, the ever helpful eBay support staff comes through again....

I typically only buy mint lego (real mint, not played with once), so I've
just decided to never buy anything (mint or not) from a seller if I see them
describing used items as mint.  I'm probably only hurting myself, but I
think it's unethical, and I refuse to do business with people that behave
that way.

Would that more people would do that.

++Lar