 Marketplace / Theory / 2061
Re: MIB listings when they are not MIB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 01:44:51 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Kevin Salm writes:
MIB listings for items when they are not drive me crazy !!!
Remember, there are other terms that can be used when an item is less than
mint.  Some of them are NEW, NEW-UNUSED, NEW-NEVER USED, USED-EXCELLENT, etc.
Even the term NEAR-MINT is acceptable to most people, IMO.

In the antique toy world, the term MIMB is used for Mint In Mint Box. I've
found the term very useful in the past to tell the difference between a
serious collector/seller and someone trying to pull a fast one. It might
have use in this instance also.

Matt