 Marketplace / Auctions / 7665
Re: what do people think of custom models on ebay?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 13:51:12 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Frank Buiting writes:
In lugnet.market.auction, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

I am curious as I was thinking of selling my Pirate collection using the MOC
approach as I have some incomplete sets which when combined to extend a
complete one would make a nice, and seamingly more valuable, MOC.

How about breaking up the incomplete sets and sell the parts at Brickbay?

That's a valid approach. It MAY get you better returns, but is more work.

There *is* a market for custom models (GoB does quite well) and the pirate
area is underserved currently, so try it first. If you don't get the prices
you want, then go the breakup route.

++Lar